The University of Essex is looking to appoint three Postdoctoral Research Fellows to work within our newly created Institute of Public Health and Wellbeing (IPHW) and lead impactful innovation in public health and wellbeing in any of the following broad areas, but not limited to; health informatics/digital health, global health, human rights and health, and health policy, health intervention, and translational/implementation research in health care with the aim to achieve better health for all and support health policies and programmes with strong and novel evidence.
The IPHW will support the University’s vision to be recognised as a centre for excellence in health-related research and education, at a local, regional and national level. The Institute will harness the strengths of our University to deliver research, innovation and impact across four key pillars:
- a) Social, biological and environmental determinants of health,
- b) Interventions, outcomes, evaluations and policy,
- c) Conditions, individual differences, wellbeing and subjectivity
- d) Human rights, Community participation and voice.
We now seek to appoint three full-time Postdoctoral Research Fellows who will be responsible for contributing to and/or coordinating the work of the IPHW in one (or at the intersection) of the following areas:
- Health informatics/digital health – including but not limited to, artificial intelligence, internet of things, virtual care, remote monitoring, big data analytics, smart wearables devices
- Global health and wellbeing – including but not limited to, burden of diseases, behavioural and environmental risk factors, mental health and wellbeing, climate change and sustainability, malnutrition
- Human rights and health – including but not limited to health in vulnerable populations, fragile contexts (conflict/humanitarian crisis/natural disasters), universal health coverage
- Health policy, health intervention, and translational/implementation research in health care – including but not limited to behavioural science, healthcare evaluation, policy development, real world settings implementation
The posts are fixed term as a Postdoctoral Fellow at salary grade 8 for three years in the first instance. The post holder will be placed on a probationary period of three years at the start of the Fellowship, and this will include clear objectives relating to research, teaching and leadership/citizenship. This will then enable the post holder to apply for permanency through the University’s annual review process. If the Fellow has fulfilled all of the objectives in the probationary agreement and is successful in being granted permanency, they will then be appointed to a permanent position at the relevant Department at the University of Essex.
Deadline: 27 January 2022